Library quick guide
Useful information about Nottingham City Libraries, where to find out more and how to contact us.
- Up to 24 loans at a time; books, newspapers & magazines, talking books, music scores, CDs & DVDs, language courses (most of our services are free but see Library Charges and fees for more information)
- In addition to 24 loans, download eBooks, eMagazines and eAudio. You only need one membership card to use across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
- You can renew your loans four times without taking them in to a library (online, by phone or in person with your card number and PIN). Alternatively, you can visit any Nottingham or Nottinghamshire library in person with your loans and card
- Reserved items can not be renewed and should be returned as soon as possible
All of our libraries have ramped access. We also offer facilities, specialist services and support for citizens with disabilities to use Nottingham City Libraries including:
- Home Library Service
- Asian Home Library Service
- Services for people with a visual impairment
- Autism Friendly Family Fun
Visit our accessible library page for more information.
If you need help finding information or have questions about services and books, including books not listed on our catalogue, please contact us.
Visit in person, phone or email any of our libraries, click to find a library
Family history and local studies
Email: email@example.com Tel: +44 0115 915 2873
If travelling to visit for research it is better to contact the library beforehand.
To make a comment, compliment or complaint about any Nottingham City Council service, including libraries, you can use Have Your say
Meet new people at a reading group or other social library event.
Practice your English: at a conversation group, with our free language courses on CD and IELTS course materials.
Use a computer to access the Life in Great Britain software to prepare for the British Citizenship test, or get help using a computer to apply for a visa (we can't give advice on the visa application but can help with the digital process).
More information, resources and services are available online and in libraries to help you settle in contact us for more information or visit our library events, computers and WiFi, book a computer, join the library web pages.
For help with other council services visit welcome information for Nottingham city residents.
- A4 and A3 Black and White and Colour photocopying is available in all our libraries. There is a charge
- Sending a FAX: You can send a FAX from the following libraries: Aspley, Bilborough, Bulwell, Clifton, Hyson Green, Nottingham Central, Radford Lenton, Sherwood, Southglade Park, St Anns, Strelley Road, Wollaton. Fees and charges apply dependent on destination
- Receiving a FAX: If you wish to receive a FAX please contact one of the following libraries in advance: Bilborough, Radford Lenton, Sherwood, Southglade Park, St Anns. There is a 70p charge for this service
If you don’t live in Nottingham City, Derby City* or Nottinghamshire you can still join online or at any Nottingham City Library with proof of your name and address.
*See the full benefits of the METRO strategy here.
If you don't want to join you can still use the library to read or attend events, you can also use a computer for a small fee, go to our fees and charges page for full details.
When visiting to research Family History it is advisable to contact The Local Studies Library before travelling.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...